Rules and conditions of Entry
2019 SFR Student Photo Contest
Who Can Enter
SFR Student Photo Contest
Entrants must be between the ages of 5 and 18 years of age and be enrolled in a participating school.
Entries open: 29th July 2019
Entries close: 30th August 2019.
Winners Announced: 20th September 2019
$3 per image
Contest images may include:
- Architecture & Urban Spaces
- Wildlife & Animals
- Southern Flinders Ranges
Prizes & Awards
The recipient of the highest scoring print from each school will be deemed a finalist and receive the following:
x1 Fuji Instax Mini Camera for &
The overall winner will, (in addition to the above mentioned prizes) have their image printed, mounted and displayed in the Southern Flinders International Travel Photo Contest Exhibition.
- The maximum number of entries a student can enter is 10.
- Entries must have been created after 30 June 2017
- Entries must be submitted as digital file
- No printed entries or negatives will be accepted
Minimum file size and image requirements
- Images must be supplied in a .JPG file format and saved at quality 9-10
- Images must be a minimum if 2000px on the longest side
- Images maybe colour or black & white
- It is preferable the files are named i the following manner: School_Last name_first initial_Sequential number eg. JohnPirie_Blogs_J_01.jpg
- Files must should not exceed 2Mb *up to 6mb acceptable
How to Enter
- Save your photograph as specified in the “Minimum file size and image requirements”
- Follow the “Enter Contest” Link
- Register your account or login, this process will allow you to upload your image (s)
- Once you are logged in, at any time you can follow the enter “Enter Contest” link to start submitting your image(s).
- Select your school, enter a title and description, upload you photo
- Proceed to the checkout and follow the prompts to finalise your entry(s).
- You can go to the “My Entries” page to view you images on completion.
- Entries Must be 100% photographic
- Entries must be 100% the work of the entrant
- Entrants must own the copyright to the image entered, including all elements within the image
- Entries must have been created after 30 June 2017
- The entrant must not have broken the law in the creation of the image
- The use of purchased, stock photography, textures and boarders is prohibited
- All entrants must be able to supply proof that the photograph(s) used to create the final image adheres to the above mentioned rules. If requested, failure to provide this proof can result in the disqualification of your entry
- Entires must not contain any watermark, signature or identifying text.
- Entires must not, at the discretion of the Competition Director, contain obscene, defamatory, explicit or inappropriate content.
Will be be conducted by a panel of judges who will score the entries based on creativity of composition, impact, technical skill, narrative and originality.
The student with the highest scoring photograph from each school will be deemed the School Winner.
Selecting the Competition Winner
The shortlist of school winners will be reviewed by the judging panel and a vote will be taken to select the contest winner.
In the event of a tied score, the judges will be asked to provide an argument towards who they feel is most representative of the title of “The SFRPF Student Photographer for 2019” and a vote will then be taken to determine the winner.
The winners will be asked to supply an extended caption, as the images will form part of the International Travel Photo Contest Exhibition.
All winners will be notified by email.
The name of the winner and a list of the finalists will be published on the Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Contest website & published on the Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival Facebook page.
Terms of Service & Conditions of Entries
- This photography competition is conducted by Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival (the “Promoter”) on behalf of the Port Pirie Council.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival and the Port Pirie Council reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
- If there is any point where the competition needs to be postponed entry fees will not be refunded. When the Port Pirie Council recommences the competition all previous entries will be automatically included.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival or the Port Pirie Council may cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Port Pirie Council or The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition.
- Once an entry has been submitted and payment made no refund will be provided.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival or the Port Pirie Council can not be held responsible for the actions of e-mail service providers preventing the communication of a win or disqualification to an entrant.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival will not accept entries accepted before 15 May 2019 or after 30 August 2019 under any circumstances, including service disruptions on the Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival server or website or third party service provider engaged by The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival.
2. Conditions of Entry
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of the disqualification of a category winner all reasonable attempts will be made to determine the new winner, who will be announced as such through social media, website and an e-mail communication to all entrants and subscribers to the Southern Flinders Ranges InternationalTravel Photo Contest.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival and the Port Pirie Council can not be held responsible for the print quality, colour management or interpretation of the digital image supplied by the entrant during the printing process, and reserves the right to not include the image in the exhibition of the file does not meet the specifications outlined within these rules.
- All instructions relating to the competition on this website also form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- By entering The Southern Flinders Ranges International Travel Photo Contest you agree to reading, understanding and adhering to the rules and terms and conditions of entry.
- The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved in the organisation and judging (including their families and relatives).
- Employees of sponsors who have not been directly involved in the organisation of this competition are eligible to enter.
- It is open to all professional, amateur and student photographers
- Photographs must have been taken after 30 June 2017.
- Permission of your parents or guardian must be sought if you are not deemed an adult in the country of residence.
- The prizes are not transferable.
- Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent monetary value without giving notice.
- In the event that a winner is not contactable or does not respond to communications, any unclaimed prizes will be forfeited on the 1st November 2019.
- In the event of a disqualification we reserve the right to reclaim the monetary value of any prizes awarded to an entrant in error.
5. Copyright/Usage Rights
- All copyright remains with the photographer/entrant.
- The The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival, Port Pirie Council and Sponsors assert no claims to the rights of any image entered into the competition except as expressed in these terms and conditions.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival and the Port Pirie Council reserves the rights to use any image entered into the contest for publicity of the Contest and its winners.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival and the Port Pirie Council reserves the rights to supply any image entered into the contest to sponsors of the contest or Festival, strictly for the purpose of publicising their support/involvement in the contest/Festival and the winners of the contest.
- If The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival, Sponsor or Port Pirie Council uses any images through websites or social media channels the photographer / entrant will be credited. Entrants consent to the use of their images in this way.
- By entering the awards, entrants grant The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival, its sponsors, and Port Pirie Council a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use credited images on the The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival, sponsors and Port Pirie Council’s website and social media channels and to use entrants’ images and names either on-line or in printed media to promote the awards at any time in the future.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to protect their work from third parties by including (but not limited to) metadata into the image. The Promoter will not be liable for any misuse of images by others.
- Each entrant acknowledges that the The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival and Promoter is under no obligation to use their entry for promotions purposes.
- Any use of the image in accordance with these terms and conditions will be at the discretion of the The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival and Promoter.
5. Website use
- You must not use the The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival website content to distribute, reproduce, publish, alter, modify, create derivative or exploit it contents for commercial benefit.
- You may not transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, collect any available personal information from the The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival Website on other individuals, or upload personal information of other individuals, including their names, address, phone number or any other identifying information.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival cannot guarantee that its servers are free of computer viruses, bugs or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. As a result, you may at times experience disruption or other difficulties in using the The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival’s Website. The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival has no liability for loss or costs of any kind you suffer as a result of or in connection with any disruption or other difficulties in using the The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival Website. The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival is not responsible for any failure of equipment or technical error associated with the competition. Or for any incorrect information, commission, interruption or delay in operation.
- The Southern Flinders Ranges Photo Festival is not responsible for any theft, unauthorised access or distribution of any entries.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org